Who are we?
We are Pex Media (“we”, “our”, “us”) and operate under the name of Viral Carbons.
We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have any questions about your personal information please chat with us through text messaging, or by emailing us at email@example.com, or by writing to us at Pex Media, International House, 64 Nile Street, London N1 7SR.
The information we hold about you 👀
- Information submitted through our app or website
For example, when you sign up to the app and provide details such as your name, and email address, or details we collect about how you use the app and website
There may be times when you give us ‘sensitive’ information, which includes things like your racial origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, or personal phone numbers. We’ll only use this information in strict accordance with the law.
- Details about your transactions with us
including any payment methods you use (no card details are processed by us, all transactions are either completed by PayPal, your bank or Stripe, please refer to their terms).
- Information on how you use your phone
For example the ISP you use, your IP address or operating system and the settings on your phone, this information is processed by HubSpot.
- Information from social networks or online accounts
Information from any accounts that you share with us.
- Cookie information
How we use your information 🔍
To provide our services. We use it to:
- Help us maintain the account.
- Track, analyse and improve the services we give you and other customers.
To exercise what’s known as our legitimate interests. This is when we use data for a reason which is in your and/or our interest, and which doesn’t involve overriding your privacy rights. We use it to:
- Market products and services generally in app.
With your permission. We use it to:
- Market and communicate our products and services and those of affiliated partners where we think these will be of interest to you by email. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these if you want to, by email and via the app.
Who we share it with 🤝
We may share your personal information with:
- Anyone who works for us when they need it to do their job.
- Any organisation which supports any
of our services you use, when they need it to offer those services. That
- Card producers and networks.
- Credit reference agencies (for information on how they use data please read the Credit Reference Agency Information Notice).
- Analytical, Know Your Customer (KYC) and cyber security service providers.
- Customer ‘interface’ providers (like the ones who manage our in-app chat service).
- Companies that do advertising for us (but we won’t share identifiable personal data with third parties for their own direct marketing unless you give us permission, and you can opt out any time).
- Certain authorities that detect and prevent terrorism (including authorities outside the UK if one of your payments is processed through a worldwide payment system).
- Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with.
We’ll also share it to comply with the law; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
How long we keep it 📁
We keep your data as long as you’re using Viral Carbons, and for 6 years after that to comply with the law.
Your rights ✅
You have a right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you, or to get a copy of it.
- Make us correct inaccurate data.
- Ask us to delete, ‘block’ or suppress your data, though for legal reasons we might not always be able to do it.
- Object to us using your data for direct marketing and in certain circumstances ‘legitimate interests’, research and statistical reasons.
- Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us.
To do so, please contact us through the app or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we store your data 🔒
We might transfer and store the data we collect from you somewhere outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). People who work for us or our suppliers outside the EEA might also process your data. We may share data with organisations and countries that:
- The European Commission say have adequate data protection.
- We’ve agreed standard data protection clauses with.
How to make a complaint 😔
If you have a complaint, please contact us through the app or by emailing help@viral carbons.com and we’ll do our best to fix the problem.
Changes to this policy 📝
We’ll post any changes we make to our privacy notice on this page and, if they’re significant changes we’ll let you know by email.